Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Total Rookie begins

This blog is two-firsts for me, my first blog and my first attempt at fishing the waters around LBI. My purpose of the blog is to provide others that are in the same situation as me an idea of what its like to start as a total rookie and also hope that I get some feedback from more experienced anglers on what I am doing right and wrong. I also intend to provide feedback on what I catch, where and how, rather than generalities.

I am 62 years old, I have an 18 foot center console boat, we just purchased a house in Beach Haven West (Stafford Township). I am beginning to learn the waters of the bay and at this time I have no idea where to start fishing, what species to target or when. It is now mid-June and I have asked at some bait shops and I was told to try the “mid-flats” across from Morrison's in Beach Haven, and Mid Island. I can't find Mid Island on any of the charts but I am told it is somewhere south of the island near the old fish factory (I have heard it called the stink house.

I am going try give it my first try today and report later.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment